: Activation key must be used on a valid Steam account, requires internet connection.
ABOUT THE GAME
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder takes players to an eerie and disturbing corner of the human psyche exploring nightmares, the occult, and a frightening psychological world. The game is fillled with terrifying vistas and a compelling plot that revolves around a protagonist-investigator in classic Lovecraftian style.
As police detective Howard E. Loreid, players are tasked to solve the murder of Clark Field, a wealthy man involved in the occult. At the top of your list of suspects is Loath Nolder, a highly respected private investigator who mysteriously abandoned his last case for reasons unknown. Rumor had it that he ventured to several exotic places around the world. It remains a great mystery as to why Loath Nolder disappeared so suddenly, resurfacing five years later and resuming his investigations just as abruptly as he had left them. Why does this venerated P.I. now sit on the other side of the law?
This seemingly routine investigation takes a dramatic twist as strange and terrifying happenings begin to plague your psyche. You experience lucid horrifying dreams and are tormented by paranormal happenings. Why do days pass instead of hours when you sleep? What’s real and what’s not? As you pursue fugitive murder suspect Loath Nolder, you must face dire truths hidden deep within a haunting darkness and the recesses of your mind. Darkness Within is truly a game that will send shivers up your spine. KEY FEATURES
- Built-in Hint System with 3 dificulty levels – Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective, or Senior Detective modes.
- Unique Inventory System – Utilizing the ‘thinking screen’ allows players to collect and examine items, and thoughts. Clues can also be researched, combined or used.
- Dynamic Puzzles and Features – Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams and underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues.
- Enhanced Gameplay Experience – The proprietary game engine enables compelling special e ects and stunning visuals in a panoramic a first person game environment.
- Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere – An immersive experience is created by a fascinating story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.
- OS: Windows® ME / 2000 / XP / Vista®
- CPU: Intel® Pentium® processor
- RAM: 256 MB
- Video: 128 MB DirectX® 9.0c support
- Available Hard Disk Space: 1 GB
- Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
- Other: Mouse, Keyboard and 4.1 or 5.1 Surround